Saturday, January 10, 2009

Books and Boxes

I'm putting off every project I had planned for this weekend. I'm adding albums to iTunes and playing with my new camera, but those weren't really listed on my "Things To Do" sheet. This is going to be the weekend we put up a shelf for the remaining vinyl records that have been sitting in boxes since our move. I purged 80% of them to get a little pocket cash while learning to move on as we were moving on, and now I have to get the ones I didn't get rid of a place in our home. We haven't had a working turntable in many years.

The boxes of vinyl records are kept company with boxes of magazines. I also purged those before the move - probably 90% of them which was easier than I thought it would be. Didn't get a penny for them, although a woman who is in the biz took most of them so hopefully she will get some cash. Even with the remaining 10%, I have more to read than I have years left in my life. I was doing a little exploring on the internet, and I saw that some of the classic "Men's Magazines" (I will call them) that I have were being sold on a site for really good money. I have to figure out a way to do that. The "Men's Magazines" I do have are would appeal to a subculture of a subculture, so there is a limited audience out there. Maybe I'd better just recycle.

Most of the books are on our shelves, but I've yet to go through and get them in some kind of order, and now they have a good nine months of fresh dust on them. The CDs are in even less order. You have to climb over boxes to get to most of them, and then you don't know what you are going to grab. Yep, gotta get rid of those boxes.

Book Shelf

Papa Seed and I went to watch Mancub wrestle this morning. It was a tournament which meant four mats of wrestling and a gym full of boy stank. Sadly, Mancub didn't win his matches, but he held his own for a good long time. We did a few errands while we were out - getting coffee & bananas and picking up pants I had altered. I've never had pants altered before, but because I'm part of a subculture of a subculture, in this case having to do with weight and total lack of fashion sense and access to clothes that fit, I had no choice. I'm going out to a "nice" dinner for my birthday on Monday. I can't wear jeans my entire life, although I can. I just shouldn't.

Papa Seed who had to get up early to get Mancub to the tournament came home and crashed.

Sleeping Dogs

I knew I should have taken the dogs for a walk, but it was so darn cold out there and I was putting off all kinds of important things so they had to get in line. Papa Seed took them when he woke up. I will take them in the morning.

I have to find my passport. I'll probably get sidetracked and start pulling off more books from the shelves that I want to take on my trip, but I have to find my passport. I emailed the folks at the place I'm going to be staying with my neurotic list of panic-induced questions. They will have coffee. That was the most important thing. I have to bring a dock for my iPod. That was the second most important thing. They said I'll be able to find food, but I should bring energy bars because you can't find those so easily. Unless I've been kept in the dark and they have stopped selling chicharrones in Mexico, I won't be needing no stinkin' energy bars. I have to find my passport.

1 comment:

Arielle said...

I am SO jealous of your upcoming trip! It looks like a perfect place (I clicked on your link to it) and it looks absolutely magical there. Not to mention warm and sunny. Do you have a laptop to take with you? You can write undisturbed, but taking it might infringe upon your solitary time. Remember, your birthday is just a number, it doesn't define you unless you let it. I spent my big Five Oh in Paris, because even if it is just a number, it's an important one, and I'm delighted that Papa Seed is giving you such a loving and cool present. Please pack your new camera and take lots of pictures for those of us stuck in the Land O' The Permafrost.