Sunday, August 3, 2008

Cool August Night/Warm January Days


Three Things I Hate More Than The Blue Angels

1.
2.
3.

Thankfully, they are done for another year and our new home sits far enough away from their military public masturbation that I had less contact than in years gone by. In fact, there were only a handful of times when I felt like I was standing in the middle of Baghdad.

Papa Seed's sister and her two teenagers are staying with us for the next eight days, and have been here for the last two. That makes 10. For the first time, we actually have a separate unit for guests. This is key to my sanity, which is very fragile during a time like this.

Poor, poor Mancub has had a brutally difficult time dealing with the ending of his relationship. In no way do I want to make fun of the tremendous amount of angst and turmoil this has caused him, but it has had more endings than Cher's concert life. Just when we think we are over the hurdle and can get the healing started, one or the other will start baiting - thank you text messaging, thank you My Space, and the roller coaster starts again.

My 50th takes place in January, but Papa Seed already let me know he was sending me away for some alone time to celebrate. He first said he was sending me someplace - and I asked "Will there be people I know there?" meaning "DO NOT SEND ME to someplace where there are people I know!" I'm a LONER who is never alone, and the greatest gift one can get me is alone time. He knows this. I'll be alone.

He wanted it to be a surprise, but I kept peppering him with questions (for proof that I'll be turning 50, note that I just used peppering in a sentence). Will it be cold? Will it be near water? Do I need a Passport? He said he found a place that is totally me. Finally, he said he would just tell me. He found a really beautiful place far from the crowds in Mexico. El Encanto Pulmo, an artful luxury by the sea. I've never been to a coastal town in Mexico. I'm very excited. It sounds like the perfect place to ease into my Second Stage (I think it is actually at least the seventh, but technically the second). I can now spend the next five and a half months obsessively planning for my alone time.

No comments: