Monday, September 14, 2009

Pause



Listening to Art Tatum


Mancub is 18. The neff is back living with us, looks like full time for at least a year, but I suspect until he at least finishes High School. That makes two grown men, two teenage guys, two male dogs, and three chickens. Plus the various spiders, rats, raccoons, and other critters that run about here. I stopped writing here because I wanted to write something brilliant about the Washington DC trip the four XY humans took at the end of July, but it was less than perfect and I wasn't quite sure what to make of it all. Then I thought I should write about my experiences at Bumbershoot, the Seattle "Arts" Festival I loved for a few decades and now feel less than amorous towards. I could have written about Mancub turning 18, which happened during the same weekend as Bumbershoot, or my losing 27 pounds (which I started another blog to write about, and haven't), or my getting a new bicycle or this horrible feeling like I'm running to the finish line, but instead I putter around on Facebook, spilling out all of my computer energy in one spot.

But I gotta get back to this.

Just give me another day.

1 comment:

Tarazod Films said...

We just became followers of your blog. Nice work.